4.03.2008

The Most Horrible Things I Own, Part I


FlashMan here.

(This is the first in a series of satirical posts cataloging various pieces in my collection that I'm less than proud of.)

I've been on a retro kick for the last few months, and now that I'm a proud owner of an FC Twin I've been collecting some older NES and SNES games. I saw a good deal on a lot of old NES titles with Mega Man 3 in it, so I bagged it up. Receiving it in the mail today, I rifled through the other games to see what else I got. Nothing really spectacular came with it (admittedly Super Mario Bros. 3 was in there but the cart was in sad shape) until I got to the very last title in the box; a copy of NARC.

Anyone who remembers NARC remembers the controversy surrounding it-- violent game about two narcotics officers whose job is to go around killing drug offenders. While it's nothing compared to recent titles, at the time it was something the NES wasn't used to having in its overall family-friendly library. Ironically enough, Nintendo let the violent parts of the game stay but forced Williams Electronics to take out the drug references for the NES version of the game. Go figure.

Anyway, the game itself isn't half as entertaining as the label on it, shown below.



Does anyone care to explain to me exactly how I'm supposed to rewind a NES game?!?

(Yes, I'm well aware that it just happened to be a generic label the rental store put on all of their merchandise, but still, it's funny...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I can't believe they actually stuck that onto a game cartridge. If i worked at a game store, i would've whited that line out.

MegaMatt SP said...

"How do you rewind an NES game?"

I don't know, but I bet it involves an Action Replay. XD

Protodude said...

Jam it in your VCR!